|Options||Sales Start||Sales End||Availability||Price|
Working in the Netherlands
This mini-workshop will prepare international students for working in Dutch companies or teams that consist mostly of Dutch members.
During the workshop, we will address:
- The norms and values of the Dutch culture and how they affect business and work life;
- The key aspects of communicating with Dutch counterparts of different positions: colleagues, superiors, subordinates, and others;
- Team diversity and dynamics: building trust and avoiding pitfalls;
While introducing these basics of Dutch business culture, psychology and behaviors, the workshop simultaneously focuses on building 3 essential intercultural competences that the students will need in working across any cultures:
- Competence 1: intercultural sensitivity
- Competence 2: intercultural communication
- Competence 3: intercultural commitment
Besides, students will a get real-life case about challenges of working in the Netherlands as well as practical tips on addressing these typical challenges.
The facilitator of the workshop will be Tao Yue, Managing Editor of RSM’s Case Development Centre and an independent intercultural trainer. Originally from China, Tao has been studying and working in the Netherlands for 18 years.
Erasmus University Rotterdam, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam, 3062, Netherlands